HOMEBUYER PARTNERSHIP PROGRAM:
Habitat for Humanity of Teller County does not rent homes. We are a builder of ENERGY STAR quality attainable homes.
Our home purchase program requires all applicants to go through an approval process to become a Homebuyer Partner.
The partnership requires applicants to participate in homeowner education, pre-qual for a mortgage loan program and earn sweat equity on our build sites in Teller County.
If selected by our Support Committee, we will initially pre-qualify to determine the applicant’s affordability for the project we are currently developing.
When an applicant becomes a Habitat Homebuyer Partner and completes the education classes, we assist the homebuyer in reaching out for an affordable mortgage loan.
We are currently building in the Trailhead Townhomes which will be in process over the next 2-3 years and we are still taking applications for this project. This neighborhood will consist of a total of 9 duplexes for 18 homeowners. Qualifying households should earn within the high $40s to the mid $60s (60%-80% of the area median income of $81,800) for these net-zero, sustainable and fortified homes being built in Woodland Park.
As the land becomes available, we also hope to be able to build in Divide, Cripple Creek, Victor, and Florissant. We are very aware of the need for attainable homes with affordable mortgages and we hope to do our part to make that happen for our Teller County residents and workforce with income falling into the 40% – 80% of the current AMI, for Teller County.
A deed restriction will apply to any home we build and restricts ownership of a Habitat home to buyers that fall into a very low and low income category. For viewing of our current build project, visit our showroom Monday – Thursday 8:30am – 4:30pm Please schedule that viewing appointment by calling 719-687-4447 or email to email@example.com.
- Viable connection to Teller County and interested in becoming community involved, long-term homeowner in Teller County.
- U.S. Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident
- Teller County resident of 1 year or longer or have been employed in Teller County for at least one full year.
- Meet the monthly income requirements for the home you want to buy
- Credit history must be clear of excessive debt, collections, or any open judgements; If you’ve had a bankruptcy or foreclosure, it must be discharged for at least 36 months. Credit counseling is available to help you qualify.
- Have 2 years of work history (or two years proof of other income)
- Be willing to complete 300-400 sweat equity hours working on the construction site before moving into the home