It was a spectacular evening – Las Vegas style – at the Stilettos & Studs benefit gala and charity auction on Saturday. We want to send out a BIG THANKS to everyone who helped make it possible: the donors, sponsors, entertainers, attendees and volunteers! It was also a night to recognize and celebrate our 15th year of building in Teller County . . . building homes, building lives, building hope. All of the proceeds from Stilettos & Studs will go directly to our new project in Cripple Creek, a duplex at 215 Porphyry Street.
We want to especially recognize the “Studs” whose generous auction items were the foundation of the event:
● Ben Caperton, local artist – a custom acrylic landscape wall mural.
● Carlos Macis, Carmen – A Tapas Grill & Bar – a custom meal for four at Carmen’s.
● Bob Witham, Two Rivers Winery & Chateau – a weekend at the beautiful chateau.
● Gene Sperry, Appraisal Associates – a week’s stay at a resort condo in Hawaii.
● Kevin Werner, Wildwood Casino – the “Ultimate Gaming Package” in Cripple Creek.
● Mike Fischer, Tandem Estate Sales – a rare piece of art by Scott Fraser.
● Mike Perini, Perini & Associates – a sunset sail on his award-winning sailboat.
● Charlie Chambers, CR Chambers Studios – a custom low-altitude aerial videography package.
● Bill Korst, local artist – two beautiful stained glass creations of his own.
● Tweeds Moose – a “Moose Bucks” celebration spree in Woodland Park.
● Tracy Vinton, event chairperson – a week’s stay at a resort condo in Cabo San Lucas.
You can see the whole lineup and find links to more information about these generous donors on our website event page here.
Many thanks to the businesses who made possible our Lucky Deck items. Donors included: Bronco Billy’s Casino, Brenda’s Boutique, Barn & Barrel, Kelly’s Office Connection, Megan Estes, Bliss Hair & Nail Studio, A Cut Above The Clouds Salon & Spa, Udderly Smooth, Russ’ Place, Divide Mercantile, Alpine Firearms, Studio West, Rocky Mountain Dinosaur Resource Center, Mountain Scoops, Gold Hill Theatres, Big D Motorsports, North Pole Home of Santa’s Workshop, Silpada, Swiss Chalet Restaurant, Woodland Fitness Center, Century Casino, Triple Crown Casino, and Shining Mountain Golf Course.
We are also very grateful to the event sponsors, without whose support the evening would not have been possible: Foxworth-Galbraith Lumber Company, Wildwood Casino, Jennifer Erdley RE/MAX Performance, Inc., Park State Bank & Trust, and The UPS Store of Woodland Park.
The Rat Pack entertainers were fabulous! Princess, as Marilyn Monroe, served double-duty as the evening’s charming emcee and auctioneer. Danny Wein and Steven St. James wowed us with their impersonations of Frank Sinatra and Dean Martin. Thank you three for being part of our event and providing such wonderful performances. You can read more about them here.
Finally, we also want to acknowledge and thank the following individuals and organizations who helped us make the evening possible: Habitat for Humanity of Teller County Board of Directors, Cyndia Lee of Cyndia Designs, Donna Kemmetmueller of Art to Market Graphic Design, Charlie Chambers and Cindy Valade of CR Chambers Studios, the Ute Pass Cultural Center, Andrews Candies, Amber Ghrayyeb, Allison Grimm, Michele Irwin, David and Marian Riffel, Deborah Maresca, Suzanne Wilson-Miller, Pat Hyslop, Cyndi Deswik, and event committee members Tracy Vinton, chairperson, Jamie Caperton, Donna Kemmetmueller, Kathi Speight, Suzanne Perini, Anthonie Turnbull, and Jill White.
Everyone had a great time and we’re already looking forward to next year! Check back here later for more pictures of the event.