WHERE EXACTLY DOES HABITAT FOR HUMANITY OF TELLER COUNTY BUILD HOMES?
- Woodland Park, Divide, Florissant, Cripple Creek, Victor (Teller County)
DO I QUALIFY FOR A HABITAT HOME?
- Have had a viable connection to Teller County over the past 12 months
- Be a U.S. Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident
- Meet the monthly income requirements for the home you want to buy
- Credit history must be clear of excessive debt, collections, or any open judgements; If you’ve had a bankruptcy or foreclosure, it must be discharged for at least 36 months. Credit counseling is available to help you qualify.
- Have 2 years of work history (or two years proof of other income)
- Be willing to complete 300-400 sweat equity hours working on the construction site before moving into the home
HOW ARE HOME BUYERS SELECTED?
Habitat considers these criteria when making decisions about homebuyer selection:
1. Need for Adequate Housing
2. Ability to Purchase
3. Willingness to Partner
CAN I AFFORD A HABITAT HOME?
We build homes based on our applicants’ affordabilities. The monthly income needed to qualify is different for each home and depends on the type of home (number of bedrooms, number of family members, etc.) We build homes for applicants earning between 30% and 80% Area Median Income, earning between $25,000 to $65,000 annually.
Our homes are built by volunteers who generously donate time and energy to working side by side with our Homebuyers. Homebuyers have low down payments, closing costs and monthly payments.
HOW CAN I APPLY?
Come by our office (700 Valley View Road, Woodland Park, CO) or contact our Homebuyer Services Director at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn about what homes are available. Request an application packet and review all the information about our Homebuyer Partnership Program. Schedule an appointment for an initial application session to go over your application and supporting documents.
WHAT IS HABITAT’S BEDROOM POLICY?
You may qualify for a 1, 2, 3, 4 bedrooms home based on your current family size and depending upon how many males and females are in your family. Couples share a bedroom. Adults over the age of 18 years that are not couples do not share bedrooms. Same gender children under 10 do share bedrooms. No more than 2 people are in each bedroom.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO MOVE INTO A HOME?
On average, the total time from turning in an application to moving into a home is between 6-12 months. Proof of 2 years of adequate income and consistent 12 months, on time, creditor payments will move you through the process more quickly.